3 years ago - Translate

Many people are starting to apply fabric to their walls and the outcome is quite beautiful and luxurious. I have seen it done on television and I like the look for the most part, but there is a better way.

There are a couple of problems that I have noticed when applying fabric to the walls. One is the glue or adhesive that is used. Most of these adhesives are toxic and I don't wish to apply a toxic product to the walls of my home. The second are the edges, I know that you can fold them under, but that leaves an edge that is raised and it may buckle after a while because it's not glued flush with the wall. If you don't fold it, then fraying is a possibility.
https://www.cgfabric.com/produ....ct/curtain/blackout-

I am also not too happy about removing the fabric when I want to change the look or décor of my home space. The glue that remains on the wall after removal will have to also be removed and will require another toxic product to remove it. Then I will have to prep the walls for any new application that I want to do.

This makes my head hurt and to think of all the people, that have already applied fabric to their walls. For the time being your walls look great and I am very happy for you as long as you are happy too. But for people like me - I want it simple and easy, I want it to be non-toxic and I want it to last and have the same look as I have seen on television. One more thing I want to use recycled products, I know that's not too much to ask.

Floating fabric - this term is kind of new to the design industry, it has only been around for about 15 years and it has gotten much better. First you have a frame that is installed on the wall; the frame is made from high impact plastic. All that is needed to install this frame is a drill and a couple of screws. You can match the frame color to the color of your fabric, that a definite plus in my book.