3 years ago - Translate

Have you ever been in the car with someone who complains about all the cyclists that they have to share the road with? Have you ever been that person? Or even worse, have you ever been in the same vehicle as someone who has road rage? Perhaps you've even been guilty of it.
https://www.safersafety.net/pr....oduct/barricade-ligh

One of the major causes of car accidents today is the fact that people become distracted or are simply impatient while they drive. We need to always remember that driving is a privilege- not a right. With the price of gas soaring out of control, increasing numbers of people have turned to their bicycles in order to save some cash while working. This is a great idea because it not only encourages people to get out and exercise, but it is also cutting down on the amount of pollution that is out there on the roadways. However, perhaps the vast majority of us need to re-take our driver's exams again or maybe go back to grade school because we are having the hardest time sharing the roadways with cyclists. In the past year alone, hundreds of cyclists have either been injured or killed. But this isn't new news.

What the big deal with people who ride bicycles? Have you read up on the recent statistics surrounding cyclists and death due to motor vehicle involvement? It would blow your mind. Too many times, I have had "would-be" close encounters as a runner when I was on the college cross country team with drivers who approach a light or stop sign but only look in one direction for oncoming traffic and fail to see the runners or people walking who are trying to cross the street and have the right of way. Thankfully, I (as well as most of my other teammates) were always cautious and waited until the driver either saw us or didn't to then cross the street.